Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Monday, November 16, 2009

POTD for November 15th, 2009: "Hat and Pipe"


POTD - Pic of the Day - Sailor Harry tries to provide his loving public a glimpse at the what he sees in the Sandbox, out at sea, or wherever he's at.

Wow, haven't done a POTD in a few weeks. Currently sitting in my Grandmother's guest room. Been nearly a decade since I've been in this house, yet when we pulled up in her car Friday, it was all too familiar. No complaints or negativity, just felt very much the same. Save for the new kitchen that was put in, the house felt just as small and cozy as it ever did.


Spent yesterday with my Aunt. Toured the town where my dad went to high school. I like small towns, yet felt a similar urge and desire that my father must have felt when he lived there. The one of looking at the surrounding hills and swearing to himself that he wouldn't be looking at them again by the time he was done with school. We ended up going to the high school's football game, which proved that live football is always better than TV. The game was one sided, with home walking away with a 56-06 victory, though I'm sure we scored again seeing how I walked away five minutes early.

Today took a drive to the Oregon Coast, which was nice. I always enjoy the beach in cold weather. Wait, I know what you're thinking. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? One, keep in mind where I've been the last six months. I've had my share of sun and heat. Been there, got the sun tan and the sand up my butt. Second, I appreciate cold weather.
While nice, it makes it awkward for me to visit family that I haven't seen since my last trip to Oregon. It feels like I have Alzheimer's each time I see family members. It feels like I constantly whisper, "Who's that? What's their name? Which cousin is that?" Seeing how I now have funds and will have less of a hectic schedule, I would like to try to come out and visit much more often.
I go home tomorrow morning. Would be lying if I'd said I wasn't looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment