Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Friday, June 17, 2011

It's 2am. Time for a Post!

Holy crap, I can't believe it either. You got an email in your inbox saying there was a new Sailor Harry post. I figured I had given up on it to. Trust me, I'm just as shocked as you are. I couldn't sleep, so what the heck, I guess I'll knock one out if anyone's interested. No? Doesn't matter.

I was going to title this post "I'm Tired", then drag on and on about all the things I'm tired of in my life. If you couldn't tell by my posts here, I procrastinate and was going to be a theme of tonight's writing. But after three paragraphs of me bitching, who would want to read about that depressing crap? You all want to know about the war, 'amiright?

Afghanistan is going well, or as good as it can be, I guess. To be honest, kind of boring, actually. I don't know about you, but maybe I've played too many COD games on the Xbox and watched Black Hawk Down too many times. But this is Paktika! On the border of Pakistan. Shit is supposed to be real! GET SOME, and all that. Right?

Don't get me wrong. I know I am wishing for the wrong thing. I should be happy with my six months of summer camp and look forward to being home in six months, not a scratch on me. And why should I complain? For lack of a better word, this deployments been easy and fun to boot. I'm in a foreign country wearing civies and a beard, being able to shoot a lot of guns I've only dreamed about handling before, and doing things I never thought I'd get to do. I mean, I never pictured my self picking up a 240 machine gun and shooting it from the hip, while smoking a cigarette at the same time. Or taking two MP5 sub-machine guns and shooting them at the same time (one in each hand) just the day before. God Harry. Shut up and enjoy it while you can.

Skype works... most of the time, so I can still keep in contact with home, face to face even. It is nice to enjoy a cup of tea with your mom, or chat it up with the girl friend. Skype is a wonderful thing. I really wish I took advantage of it in Iraq.

Pakistan is really starting to piss me off. I'll leave it at the whole Osama bin Laden thing, but you would be stupid and terribly naive if you think no one had a clue he was there. You would be even more stupid if you thought the buck stopped there. Let me just hint that being on the border makes Pakistan's intentions very clear. Excuse my francais but Fuck Pakistan.

I can tell you this, loud and clear. I'm doing well, Afghanistan is still crap, and the gym is kicking my ass. I miss everyone back home but I'll be seeing you all soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Just about given up on you posting. =) I love you, and glad you're having...fun? Here's to perhaps a whole year of you wearing civies, a beard, and shooting all those awesome guns. ; )

    ReplyDelete