Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

POTD for September 4th, 2009: "Birthday Beer"


Ah, another year has come and gone, and a certain special someone has become a year older. The year was filled with ups and downs, but thankfully it has been more of a positive experience. Thanks to the birthday wishes and to my grandma and parents for their birthday packages, they were awesome. The only thing that would have made them any more awesome-er is
if you guys mailed yourselves, (then that would mean I could try to mail myself home.) I was even fortunate to keep my birthday a secret for half of the day, so bonus points for that.

Been a few weeks, hasn't it? Sucks when you're in a place with people
who love to keep you more than busy. To be honest, I returned to
Speicher last week and took the week off from posting. I've been feeling
like crap and running on empty and hope to recharge Sunday. I'm back to
the blog though, so don't worry about not hearing from me for periods at
a time.

Let's see, what have I been up to? Can't say nothing, that doesn't seem
to appease you people. You guy's desire words of wisdom and tale of
heroics from this, honest-to-God, American hero, and I can't say that I
blame you. I must deliver to my legion of devoted fans. But seeing how I
don't have a legion, horde, or any type of fan base, I guess I can use
that loophole to my advantage.

Just kidding... Though not about the fan part. (One day Harry, one day.)
I've been working diligently both on and off mission. My time spent back
at Brassfield was a bit different, as I spent more time on the FOB than
I did usually outside the wire. Normally, there was a mission every
other day, but I only did two the two weeks I was there. That's not to
say I sat around doing nothing.

The Army EOD left Brass to be replaced with Navy techs. I have much
respect for EOD as a whole community, (except Air Force... "AIR
POWER!
"), but obviously more towards Navy EOD. This time, I was working
with a full fledged Master Chief. Not too many missions, but a hell of a
lot of demo: burning ammo and destroying explosives! Very nice indeed. I
will be sending out pics of the demo soon.

But really my time at Brassfield was busy being worked by the techs
themselves. After working with EOD these last 4 1/2 months, I decided
that I prefer their job a heck of a lot more than my own. I decided to
put in an EOD package and get screened when I get back home. The techs
learned this and decided to "help" me. By help, I mean they PT'ed my
butt off. Every day was going to sleep with aches and pains. It was all
worth it, and thankfully I've kept with it even after leaving Brass.

But now I'm back at Speicher and will know update this blog again and again for your reading pleasure. I have a bout a month and a half away from home, but I still plan on using this to let you all know what I'm up to. Take care and stay classy.

- Sailor Harry

2 comments:

  1. "Classy" is my middle name. ^.-

    I wish I could mail myself to you, or vis versa. It's what I do. ^.^

    ReplyDelete