Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Baghdad


Baghdad, I already know that we will get along so well. With your endless stream of Brass and uptight NCOs, where uniform regulation is most important, and PT belts reign supreme. Yes, Baghdad, full of history and never-ending headaches. The trip here wasn't peaches either. Who doesn't love being a sardine on a C-130, a fulll bladder and no where to relieve yourself for the next 3 hours? I instantly knew how much I'd like being here when the first question I was asked off the plane was, "You authorized to wear that?" Screw you, I'm wearing the damn patch.

It's also intersting to live with the same people replacing you. All the bright-eyed and naive WIT reliefs, and realizing you were just like them. The majority are the standard young family men, looking for glory and to fulfill a sense of duty. Hell, I'm right there with them. That being said, the sole exception is that these fellows are Amry with ARMY mentality. Do the job, but do it backwards first, find the mistakes, and still finds way to do it harder than it should be.

That being said, Navy recently dropped the ball with planning and not being issued spines. Seems they thought it be fine to not plan leaving this place till last minute, then not fight for it. It's like that sappy kid that keeps getting pushed around in a relationship, beding over backwards, then when it get's dumped, whines in your ear for the rest of the week. Minus the whining; I don't have time for that crap.

Speaking of BS, why do we have to go to Germany. The idea is to have the test in a place like Germany, Paris, or someplace else people would consider vacationing at, to give the troop a mental escape. I guess they never considered the idea that we may want to do that at home? 2 hour test that will require us to set aside a few days that isn't in my back yard with a beer in my hands. Europe be damned, I only want to go to those places on my time.

Going to be a tent for the next +week. I can't wait to leave this place, not just to go home, but because this place is going back in time, temperature-wise. I do love the feeling of sweat rolling down my family jewels. Oh yes, and with uniform regulations implemented like the neo-Ten Commandments, either full uniform or pt gear with reflective belt. Guess who also doesn't have pt shoes? Sweating like a pig. Goodbye t-shirts and shorts, hello ACUs.

I miss Speicher...

No comments:

Post a Comment