Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

POTD for October 7th, 2009: "Iraqi Master Chief"


Sorry, kind of been in a Halo-mood this past week. Ended up helping out at another Partnership event. Though this time, I mistook it for simple training. Boy was I wrong. Seems it was more along the line of a huge publicity stunt for high brass and Iraqi leaders. So what did that mean for Sailor Harry. Oh I had the besttest of times! Who wouldn't want to sit in full gear, inside one of the dustiest of Humvees with no A/C, on one of the hottest days of the last 2 weeks, and sit and wait for 3 hours, waiting for people to show up. Really showed them what the Iraqis could do, especially how we rehearsed the whole event and went step by step with them, before any of them were there. Oh they knew what they were doing. ;)

UPDATE: So, as was and still is expected, dates were changed. I probably will still end up coming home around the same time I think I will. The nice thing is my Chief doesn't want us hanging around for BS and is sending us to Freedom Rest for a few days this Friday. At this mini-troop resort, I should be able to swim around in the pool, sleep as much as I want, and maybe even get a steak cooked how I want it: Bloody with a dark, cool center. Nummers big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment