Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just Counting Down The Days Now

I get here and the first thing I do is complain. WTF Harry? Jeeze, it's not like you'll be off to Kuwait and then home in a week... Oh right, I am. Wahoo! Wahoo, indeed.

The part of Baghdad I'm at actually has several cool things to see as there is literally a palace in my backyard and a man-made lake. Along the lake are several cool houses right on the water and the architecture is actually quite nice. Sadam had constructed the whole area for his Bath party buddies and the palace for himself. Not really a shame that we blew the place to Hell when we invaded.

Spent the day running the replacements around, to and from the airport. Good to get these guys finally out so they can start doing what we've done the last six months. Another Navy guy came back this afternoon and it was nice to catch up and great to see he came back with all his fingers and toes. This group has been most fortunate to not have any casulties or deaths. Not to deny that I haven't seen it or lost anyone over here, sad to say.

I will be taking pics of the palace, among other things while I'm here. Wednsday should be cool, as we have the artists for "Doonesbury" and "Pearls Before Swine", along with eight other cartoonists visiting the base. Hopeing to get the comics section of our newspaper here signed by these guys, especially by one of my favorites, "Pearls Before Swine".

Besides all that, not much going on here. Looking forward stepping off the plane and not having to come back here... As far as I know. Fingers crossed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment