Posts and Such

Cleaned and showered. Don't worry. :)

Questions, comments, and insults: I'll take them all.

Like what you read, confused about it, or just wanna throw some virtual phlem? Send it all here.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

POTD for October 14th, 2009: "All my bags are packed.."


Getting ready for a flight to Ballad, then to Baghdad. Don't I look thrilled? Maybe because I'm going off of 2 hours of sleep for two days. I love you insomnia.
Which brings me to another bane of my existence; Red Bull. Ah yes, the piss of demons, disguised as a gift from the angels. Back on my first deployment, I went through a 4 pack a day for 2 months, STRAIGHT. Kind of swore of the liquefied cocaine when I started hallucinating, became paranoid, and felt like I had insects crawling in my skin. Occasionally I will drink it, whether in a mixed drink or a late night road trip. I finally sent off all my crap in the mail today and had to grab a big can of the swill to keep going. Good times.
Being exhausted made me realize my talents as a writer and that I perform differently when I'm due for shut eye. While at times my mind will wander when it comes to simple crap, I tend to be more focused and determined in other tasks. On the ride over to the post office, I was rambling off in my head and wished I had my laptop to write it all down. I guess whenever I want to post here, I'll just stay up the whole night prior.
I'm scheduled to leave sometime this morning and will post how the whole trip went when I get to the capital, and get some well-deserved rest. I can't wait to get there and get yelled at about important things, like not wearing reflective belts, and being in Iraq and in the Navy. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment